Play Safe : Stay Safe
Official re-opening information and guidelines
It is with great pleasure that we can now officially announce our re-opening on Wednesday 13th May. Bookings are now open for the next 3 days and will continue to do so after that.
It is important to stress that this remains an extremely difficult situation throughout the UK and we are acutely aware that many lives have been lost to the COVID-19 pandemic. The effects of the virus will continue to be felt for a long time to come. As a club; we must work together to resume play responsibly.
Playing Golf Under COVID-19 Restrictions
We have adapted our policies and procedures to ensure compliance with guidelines from golf’s governing bodies and government restrictions. The safety of our staff, members and guests is our priority. Please be assured that the following procedures are in place to ensure we are providing a safe environment to play golf and operate in.
– We have a responsibility to ensure that we are monitoring the golf course and players to ensure that a safe environment is presented and maintained. Play is not permitted to start outside of our bookable tee times.
– All players are advised to come to the club ready to play, play golf and leave thereafter.
– Toilet facilities will be open (1 in, 1 out) but not changing rooms. Please use sanitizers located at entrances.
– Players must follow the “Play Safe, Stay Safe” guidelines below. These will also be displayed on the course information sign by the 1st tee.
1) COURSE SET UP
Hole & Flagstick
– We have filled our hole cups with a foam insert to reduce the depth of the hole and reduce contact points to make it easier and safer to retrieve your ball.
On Course Items
– We have removed or decommissioned any items that players can touch including ball washers, benches, bins and the shoe cleaner.
– Players must visually check before playing a blind shot where bells are in place such as holes 7 & 9. Do not use bells or steps to look down the 9th.
– Please The club professional is permitted to use the practice facilities for teaching purposes.
3) BEFORE THE ROUND
– 1 player at a time unless you are from the same household.
– All players must book a tee time online or over the phone and can book up to 3 days in advance.
– There will be 10 minutes between tee times. 2 start sheets per day, one for the front and one for the back. If you wish to play 18 holes you must book a slot for the front 9 and then for the back 9 (or the other way around, depending on availability)
– Tee times will be available between 7.30am-7pm.
– Buggies, only 1 player per buggy unless you are from the same household. Buggies need to be booked prior to playing. These are ONLY available to those who physically cannot walk the course.
Arrival and Waiting to Play
– Players should arrive and not leave their car more than 15 minutes before their tee time.
– Park in a car park space leaving a one space gap in between the nearest car.
– Shoes should be changed at your car assuring that social distancing measures are followed.
– All players should report to the golf shop at least 10 minutes before teeing off so that any information can be communicated. There is a maximum of 1 person allowed in the shop at any one time and a “one way” queuing system is in place. Join the queue from around the back i.e kitchen window side. Individuals must stop and use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry.
– Payment options:
We are happy to accept cash & card payments.
We can also set up a tab where we will keep a record of your transactions which can be settled at the end of the month.
Another option is to transfer a certain amount of money into our bank account in order to buy golf credits. Contact us for bank details.
We have installed a perspex screen at the counter to protect everyone involved.
– Players with a tee time may use the practice putting green before teeing off observing the 2m rule. Priority of use should be given to the players in the next group due to tee off.
– Don’t be late for your tee time. Players should allow the person/group in front to exit the tee before making their way onto the tee.
– Players should not tee off before their allocated tee time.
4) DURING THE ROUND
– Maintain social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres (6.5 feet) from others at all times.
– Do not touch the flagstick and leave the flag in when putting.
– Don’t pick up stray balls, they could be riddled!!
– Do not share equipment such as rangefinders.
– Bunkers: Rakes have been removed. Try to smooth sand over with your club.
5) AFTER THE ROUND
Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round. Players should leave the club/facility immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse or car park areas.
6) OTHER GOLF RELATED MATTERS
Communicating with us
– Any golf related matters including membership queries, questions and suggestions should be communicated to us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01267 211575
Scoring & Competitions
– The initial stages of the re-introduction to golf will not include any competition play or supplementary rounds for handicap purposes.
– “Roll up” groups and “internal competitions” between separate groups of players are not permitted at this stage.
EXTRA INFORMATION ON HOW YOU CAN HELP
– We ask you all to continue to follow the current government guidelines set out by the government and NHS.
– If you are feeling unwell or are showing symptoms such as a cough or high temperature, we politely ask you not to visit us.
– Carry and use hand sanitiser regularly.
STAY SAFE, PLAY SAFE
Thank you in advance for adhering to the above guidelines as we navigate our way back into the world of golf. Please be aware that the guidelines are not permanent; they have been implemented to ensure that the safety of everyone involved is a priority as we make our first small steps towards normality.
We hope that the restrictions will ease over time as government advice changes. In the meantime; I urge you to enjoy the things that have been missing over the last 7 weeks and appreciate what we have for the time being!
I look forward to seeing you back at the club.
Rhian & Family